Monday, 28 September 2009

Crying Like A Child

So yesterday I'm totally full of cold and have a chest infection which triggers off my asthma...grrr! Nipped down to the out of hours doctors place at the hospital as the asthma was getting reeealy bad. I was gobsmacked, no waiting they just took me straight in and gave me the nebuliser, total utter bliss, damn oxygen is gooooood!!! Also got a nice doctor who prescribed some penicillin to get rid of the chest infection, saving me having to wait the rest of the week trying to get a gp appointment, why isnt it always like this, I'm having some luck for once!
Went to bed without OH who was happily playing WOW downstairs. I could'nt sleep for snot and coughing, so I start thinking about things. Having a good old wallow in my misery and how unfair it all is. I curl up in a ball and cry and then I can't stop myself, I sob and sob like a child, it's like nothing I've ever experienced before, this pain is just overwhelming. It's like a biological call, an instinct, that slips in when your off guard, telling you you should be with your baby right now, questioning as to why you have empty arms.
I cry for a few hours before OH nips in to see if I'm ok, which by this point I'm most definitely not, I'd pretty much got hysterical. So he holds me tight and manages to calm me down after a while, he starts talking about silly shit, like he does and manages to make me actually laugh, with his awesome impression of bad x factor contestants. I wonder if I'd get through this at all without him. Anyway I thought I'd share some of the moments that managed to cheer me up :D







1 comment:

  1. I couldn't stop laughing. It cheered me up too!

    ReplyDelete