Wednesday, 23 September 2009

The Secret Garden Meeting August


If you created a bedroom for your baby tell us what it was like.
We didn't have a bedroom as Isabella was going to share with us, for the first year as least. We'd not got a bedroom for her as our house is too small and we used to joke that she would be sleeping in the bottom drawer! I was going to "sidecar" a cot to our bed so we could all sleep together without OH worrying about squishing her in the night. I'd cleared out some of my drawers for her things and had bought too much to fit in them. So bits and pieces ended up in bags and boxes on the bedroom floor. I was going have the Light of the Moon range of bedding from Mamas and Papas. I was so worried with this pregnancy after the miscarriage that I didn't really have that much stuff set up, I'd literally just started shopping and getting excited after the 20 week scan showed everything was ok. I Felt very stupid for having started to count my chickens.

Did you have it ready for them before they were born?
We didn't have it all ready but I'd bought lots of beautiful pink, lilac and yellow Fuzzi Bunz cotton nappies, wipes, changing bags, bits and pieces of clothes and slings. We were waiting on the second hand cot which a friend was giving us.

If so how did you cope coming home to it without your baby?
I really didn't want to go home to it, I was so very angry and felt like it was so unfair, but in the end by the time I got home I was so tired I couldn't even worry about it any more and just crashed straight into my bed and slept.

Did you pack it all away?
Whilst I was in the hospital my mother in law came and took all the baby things away. I asked her not to but was glad to find my room was not full of Isabella's things. There was one drawer of things that she didn't know was there and now and then I've not had the heart to pack away those things just yet.

What is your baby's room now?
Still our same old bedroom but it seems so empty without all her things now.

If you are trying to conceive again, or are pregnant again how do you feel about setting up another room before your baby is born?
I would so love to try again for another baby but we are going to have to wait until we get some answers as to why we keep losing babies (we had two miscarriages before Isabella) If we are lucky enough to get pregnant again I don't think I would have the heart to plan anything until I have a healthy babe in arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment