Thursday, 29 October 2009

Numbness

I feel odd at the moment, I feel very numb emotionally. Everything is irritating me, little things are pissing me off that usually wouldn't bother me. I'm doing a great show of acting normally and functioning well, but I'm somehow struggling with just everything. I'm not excited about nice things that are coming up. We are having the usual huge halloween house party, I'm usually really looking forward to this but it just seems like a whole load of effort this year.

The shop is doing fantastically well at the moment in the run up to halloween, which is great. Although shitty Royal Mail strikes are a real pain in the ass and are really hitting the internet side of things as I can't get stuff posted out in time. I'm expecting lots of emails from angry customers who's stuff arrives some time next week post halloween *sigh* I've made an effort to wear fancy dress into work every day this week in an attempt to be my old happy go lucky self. Wearing furry boot covers, a purple wig and cat ears and looking generally like a total idiot is enough to cheer me up. It didn't really work but at least I got lots of compliments on my corset. For someone who sells corsets for a living I really don't wear them enough!

1 comment:

  1. I think numbness is normal. I have bouts of it too. I don't think grief is linear, at least it isn't for me.
    I'm glad you got your post mortem results back. I'm still waiting here, and it's been over three months now.

    ReplyDelete