Monday, 5 October 2009

Secret Garden Meeting September

What has helped you through out this new life the most. Is it your family? your faith? Support groups? A ritual? Music? Physical activity? A new interest? It could be anything. Tell us about how whatever it is has helped you. Please feel free to share photo's,videos, websites, support group information and so on.

My partner Dave has been the most help of all, he's walked this path with me holding my hand all the way through. Poor man has been covered is snot and tears so many more times than I can remember. Having the other kids around has helped in that I can't sit around moping as there is always stuff to do and someone who needs my attention.

Making things and doing practical things for Bella has been helpful too, I ordered a specially made necklace, designing and sewing her burial pouch, designing her funeral flowers. I would have made her so many lovely things and I was glad to at least be able to make her a few things. I made her a web page which I think helped alot too, I love "visiting" her there http://isabella-hodrien.gonetoosoon.org/memorial/

Music has been a huge help, especially when it all gets too much and especially when I am angry and overwhelmed. I'm sure my taste in music is not for everyone but I've always loved metal and it really is therapy now to just freak out and let it all out to these tracks.

(From Lamb Of God - Walk With Me In Hell)

Take hold of my hand
For you are no longer alone
Walk with me in hell

Pray for solace
Pray for resolve
Pray for a savior
Pray for deliverance
Some kind of purpose, a glimpse of a light in this void of existence




(From Korn Hold On)

Hold on, be strong
So right, so wrong
With all of our senses
All of our defences
Hold on, be strong

New arrival, our survival
still not certain
What's a virtue, where do you go to
when you're hurting?




1 comment:

  1. Hi, I understand the need to make, I made Florence's burial gown in the days after she was born, it was therapy for me, though I barely remember doing it. I do remember wanting her to be surrounded by items made for her with love.
    While I don't share your taste in music, I do understand that need to freak out.
    PS, great news about the wedding. ;0)

    ReplyDelete