Tuesday, 10 November 2009

On The Happy Pills :D

So I've been feeling not like myself at all lately, I took St Johns Wort many moons ago when I was going through a very very bad time and it had helped then. So whilst grumbling at the extortionate prices in Boots I invested in a pack. It has actually seemed to help, I feel a little less horribly numb.

The engagement party was actually quite nice in the end for all my bitching about it. Littlemissperfect's baby looked very overfed in the way so many bottlefed babies do and spent most of the evening screaming. I hate to be smug about breastfeeding (oh.. ok I don't) but I never had any of my babies scream like that for hours, so meh! All the babies and pregnant people didn't actually bother me half as much as I thought they would. Even the cousin showing off his shiny new Range Rover didn't bother me...I felt sorry for him and his car fuel bills, those things drink lol!
It was also cool because my Mum and Lil brother came all the way from Wales to be there, and even my evil stepfather was quite entertaining and did a nice little speech and a toast for me. Mum made me THE MOST AWESOME CAKE!! It did have the letters of our names on the top but they got broke in the car, bah! Top tier was sponge and the bottom fruit, I did have good intentions of keeping the bottom half for Christmas but I've given in already. Dammit she's so talented, when I grow up I want to be just like my Mum.
This cheered me up...it tasted as good as it looked too nom nom nom :D
From 2009
From 2009



4 comments:

  1. I'm glad the party was better than you expected. The cake is amazing.
    I don't know if it's just me, but leaving comments on your blog is tricky. I have to click on "post comment" then click on "word verification" then press tab lots to get the authentication window to scroll up.I just thought others may be having the same problem, and might not be able to leave comments because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cake! It's so pretty, I'm in awe. I'm glad things went better than you thought. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps - if Jeanette hadn't (clever woman) figured out what was wrong and posted her fix my comment wouldn't have worked, either....

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm I wonder why it does that? I will have a look see if I can fix that, thanks for letting me know :D

    ReplyDelete