Wednesday, 2 December 2009

Just Breathe

I don't understand why

someone, I only met

one day out of a million,

could cause this lake of tears?


My imaginary babe with warm skin and laughing eyes,

velvet hair and milky scent

keeps me up all night, torments

her empty basket

her brand new clothes

my tearstained cheeks

my empty arms


How can someone

who never even opened her eyes,

never even took a breath

make me fall in love, so much so

that I will miss her

every day until I die?


4 comments:

  1. oh honey, I wish it was all so different. I know Isabella was born so soom,but you did know her, just like I knew my Florence, and they knew us too, and we will miss them forever. Love to you.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful piece of writing.
    Remembering your little Isabella, so beloved. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You loved her because you're her mother. Sending you love and thinking of you and Isabella. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is powerful. Beautiful. and resonates with me. Thank you for posting. Peace.

    I am so sorry Isabella isn't here. So sorry.

    ReplyDelete