Thursday, 31 December 2009

A Letter Arrives

I've just had a letter from the hospital saying that in one of the blood tests back in October found I had raised Anti Thrombin III which can cause sticky blood. I've got to go for a re test just to double check. I've had a quick google search for it and can't find very much about it. However I have come across Hughes Syndrome, or Sticky Blood syndrome, maybe it's the same thing? I read all the symptoms and was like, FUCK! Flashing lights, confusion, fatigue, Giddiness, recurrent miscarriage/stillbirth. tick, tick, tick, tick. You know what the treatment is ......an asprin. Thats it. One tiny baby asprin every day.

I read it and then cried my eyes out.

An asprin could have saved Bella... it was totally preventable... God I feel sick.


4 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss. Anti Thrombin III Deficiency is another clotting disorder but if yours were high.

    Have they run all the tests for APS?
    http://www.apsfa.org/aps.htm#6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my. Thinking of you. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness me, sending you big hugs and love.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks apsfa, that website was really helpful. APS is another name for Hughes Syndrome I think. The letter did say raised not deficient though, so maybe I'm on the wrong track.

    ReplyDelete