Tuesday, 2 February 2010

The Scales That Don't Budge and Shiny Shoes

Grr and double GRRRR! I made my weekly journey to Boots to weigh in and I've not lost so much as a ounce this week :( I thought I'd done really well this week too, apart from going to a friends Birthday party at a chinese buffet place which was a bad idea for someone supposedly on a diet. I did have two rounds at the buffet and two puddings! Two puddings...oh dear. Maybe that was it :S I went running 3 times too *grumble grumble* My friend in Wales has just lost 11lbs in 3 weeks on Slimming World, it's taken me 4 weeks to lose 8lb, bah!
Anyway, this week I'm going to do better! At the moment for breakfast I'm having porridge, one of those nice sachet ones so it's portion controlled. Lunch is no more than 200 calories which is going well as they have quite a big selection in good ol' M&S, this is awesome as the slim fast was getting sickly. Dinner is standard home cooked stuff, but low fat, stir fry, spag bol, lean meat bla bla bla. I also have a couple of cups of coffee/tea with sweetner in. I think the only thing I can cut down is the dinner, so I think until the wedding I'm going to eat a diet ready meal in the evening instead which is yuk but hopefully I'll be able to loose a few more pounds so I can squeeze into my corset. Well I can actually get into it now (thank goodness) but it's definitely very tight!

Anyway progress so far :- 1/1/10 - 12st 7
1/2/10 - 11st 13

I've started with trying to organise my holiday packing. I'm usually not very good at this and forget loads of stuff, but if I happen to forget something for the wedding it will equal total disaster so I must be organised! I have made a list which is a start :) I have this wonderful vision of me tottering about Las Vegas, looking all glam without a care in the world. To this end I bought me a pair of shiny shoes from Ebay yesterday for the princely sum of £8.99, and they arrived this morning which is the quickest anything has ever arrived! I have also purloined a rather fab shiny handbag from my shop that matches. Woo hoo! Vegas here we come :D




1 comment:

  1. 8lbs in four weeks is pretty good you know. That averages 2lbs a week, and it's more likely to stay off if you lose it steadily.(And besides, a corset will squidge in the rest...I love my corset!)
    Lovely shiney shoes.
    Love Jeanette

    ReplyDelete