Monday, 15 March 2010

Amecon! YEH!


I've just found out that I've got tickets for Amecon! Amecon is a 3 day anime convention which is going to be held in Keele University in August. The tickets had sold out so we were put on the waiting list so I'm really chuffed! I love all things anime and I also love making costumes, here is last years effort is below, I'm Excaliber from the anime Soul Eater. It kinda brings back memories as last year I was still pregnant and my biggest worry was how to make a costume that my big belly would fit in! It was only about two weeks later that the shit hit the fan so this I look back at this fondly as we were blissfully unaware anything was up and were just having a good time, messing about and thinking it would be the last time we would be doing anything as daft as this until the baby was a few years old. Anyway... this year I'm going to try making something even more challenging and daft than last year! I'm going as Totoro, from the wonderful anime My Neighbour Totoro. If you have have not seen this I highly recommend it, it's totally magical and touching story, it's made for children but it's really enjoyable for adults too. It's made by Studio Ghibli (who are kinda the Japanese Disney) and has a really good english speaking cast on the DVD. Totoro is totally adorable and I'm expecting to get cuddled alot in this costume lol! I'm going to have to start work on it soon as I have no idea of how to make this kind of costume so I have big learning curve ahead. I'm thinking of maybe making a frame with hula hoops sewn together with fabric panels so that he will fold flat so I can get it in the car. Let the planning begin!


1 comment:

  1. Totoro is the BEST! I have a huge cuddly toy Totoro that my sister bought me for my 30th b'day which sits in my window. Please, please post a photo of your costume. xo

    ReplyDelete