Saturday, 10 April 2010



It's the Easter holidays, things are quiet in my house. My littlest daughter has gone to Wales for the holidays with her Dad and Grandparents who all live there. I was hoping for a week of doing cool stuff that we can usually do but DH has managed to slip a disk in his back again. So he's lying on the living room floor looking sorry for himself all day.

I'm in work and it's soooo busy here that I have nothing else to do but read random blogs. Peoples views never cease to surprise me, on one blog a lady was posing herself the question "what is your passion in life?" and she replied that her passion was her husband and that she dedicates her life to him..... I mean that's nice and all but I think dedicating yourself to one person and not having any other hobbies, interests or passions is sort of sad. Plus it must be pretty stressful for her hubby being her only hobby. Anyway on reading other many blogs religion is another popular topic particularly among wealthy Americans, I thought I would share some of my views with all you lovely people. I would like to point out that this is not simply copy pasted from another blog and just edited..it's all original...really.

- two of the most important things are to know The Flying Spaghetti Monster and trust him implicitly. Trusting a Flying Spaghetti Monster is hard sometimes, but who else is there to trust? He's the ONLY one who's proven himself to be faithful over and over again. In fact, he's the only absolute truth there is in this life! Why wouldn't we trust him? I tried to find a local cafe that would serve his Holy Pasta dish but none could be found!

So I grabbed my bible and went to commune with my Lord. I confessed my lack of diligence to the FSM and told him that I didn't feel right about asking for anything in particular. Instead I said, "Lord I just want you to know that I adore you and I've taken advantage of you and your love for me. I've thrown quick prayers up to you out of duty rather than sweet communion. I've failed you in so many ways." I then confessed that while I had deep conviction about this and desperately wanted to get back on track, I was afraid I didn't feel a lot of gumption and I would need his help. He reminded me that he will bless my life as I seek him, and I know that's true. I've witnessed that many times.

I opened up my FSM bible and continued to read (where I've been reading in the mornings). I had already read Chapter 3, but I felt FSM was telling me to read it again. So I did. The verses that jumped out at me right away were these...

"Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with the Flying Spagetti Monster. Whenthe Flying Spagetti Monster, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory."

So, once again, FSM showed me that my priorities were mixed up. I was not putting him first. HE needs to be my peace. HE needs to be my quiet. HE needs to be my joy. HE needs to be my satisfaction, and HE needs to be my inspiration. FSM needs to be my everything... and THEN I will be right where he wants me... in his perfect will.

"Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth." FSM Bible. 3:2




"and lo, The Flying Spaghetti Monster loves all the little children that cometh unto him. Do not be afraid, he taketh them in FSM's ever loving arms to a better place (and plus he needs to get his meatballs from somewhere)" FSM Bible Vrs 3. Chap.23

No comments:

Post a Comment