Sunday, 4 April 2010

Skating Progress

Went to my third two hour roller derby practice yesterday, can't believe how much I've improved! I can skate crossovers and I can actually stop without crashing into a wall. This was my first practice with my new skates and holy hell they are fast. Took me the first hour to get used to them but man they are awesome. I'm coveting one of the shirts with my derby name on the back, my derby name is Kat Astrofee as in catastrophe hehe! I think you have to make the team to be able to wear one so I got some hard work ahead to get one. One of the trainers said he's impressed with how much better I've got which has given me a boost..... Holy crap I've found something I might actually be good at. I'm wondering how long it takes to actually get on the team and looking at how damn good the team members are it might be a while.

Check out this awesome song- Roller Derby Saved my Soul ....and yes it has indeed!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having fun! Love the name!

    ReplyDelete