Monday, 9 August 2010

Weird Dreams and Why I Shouldn't Iron

I dreamt that I had the baby last night and it was the size of my palm and looked sorta like a little green lizard baby. It would go blue and stop breathing every time it went to sleep so I was trying to figure out how on earth I was going to manage a baby the would never sleep and I thought that if I went to sleep it would die as I couldn't find anyone to help me. I kept it tucked down my top in a blanket to keep it warm and was fretting about how on earth I was going to breastfeed such a tiny baby. Very strange indeed.

I had good housewifey intentions for today. As a rule I very rarely do ironing, only my hubby's work shirts get ironed as he does them himself. But I figured it would be a nice thing to have pristine clothes for once so dragged the ironing board out set the iron to go. The iron looked a bit dusty so I got a cloth to clean in and stuck my fingers right on the plate ...OMG OWWWWWWWWWW! My fingertips actually went crispy brown as I managed to burn them so bad. I knew there was a good reason for me not ironing....I'm too much of an idiot!!

2 comments:

  1. Ow ow ow!! I paid my teenager to do my ironing yesterday.
    Those pregnancy dreams are weird , so are the post pregnancy ones.
    BTW I have a book here for you, drop me an email with your address and I'll pop it in the post for you. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE have a saying in our house "hot things are hot" ;-p

    Yes, we need that saying. I have scars from the toaster oven, various frying pans, the iron and the espresso machine at work.

    As a professional seamstress I have to do a lot of ironing. I hate to have to use my fancy iron on clothing for mere mortals.

    I recommend taking a picture of your burn so that you can remember why you don't use that hateful appliance!

    ReplyDelete