Tuesday, 5 October 2010

30 posts in (sorta) 30 days

Ok, so I'm a little late joining in with this but hey :) For details see Angie's post here

1) Day 1 - a song that reminds you of your child, or one that you can't listen to anymore and why
Hmm this one is hard as I have eclectic tastes in music and would really like one song for each genre..and then one for each mood that I'm.....but then I'd be here all day. I was a professional singer and bass guitarist in a band for many years and music has always been a huge part of my life. I've always used music like therapy, either to chill out or to go full on rage crazy to. I can think of so many beautiful, pretty songs, but this one is one that I have sang to myself while crying and hurting so bad I didn't know what to do with myself. It's angry and frustrated and yet positive and supportive all the same time, I have needed someone telling me to hold on and be strong! -Hold On by Korn

With aversion, this insertion
came so swiftly
Cut the cord, from this day forward
We'll be drifting

No direction, no affection
Watch the soul dive
You're dissected, resurrected
Still don't know why
This illness is like a monster that is
eating us alive

Hold on, be strong
So right, so wrong
With all of our senses
All of our defenses
Hold on, be strong

New arrival, our survival
still not certain
What's a virtue, where do you go to
when you're hurting?





2) Day 2 - a movie that helped you get through the hard times, or one that jumps out at you after your loss.
Pan's Labyrinth - I have sooo many favourite films but this film broke my heart and filled me with wonder at the same time, it left a real impact after I saw it. It's full of magic, beauty and fantasy and the dark gritty horror of the world all bundled up into one. It's utterly utterly beautiful too. It's in Spanish though and it's such a shame that so many people have missed this film, not for the faint of heart though this is very gritty indeed in parts and has a very sad ending. This is my favourite film of all time that I have not have the courage to watch again since Bella died as I'm just too much of a big sensitive wuss.

3) Day 3 - a television program that helped you either get through hard times or that moves you.
We've watched a few series' of 6 Feet Under which is sort of morbid but I've related to that general theme of death and loss and life still going on.

Day 4 - your favorite book. has it changed since your loss?
I used to read a lot, but this last year I've hardly read anything at all although I'm currently reading Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Our house is filled with far too many book stuffed on far to few shelves and it's on my list of thing I really really need to sort out. I'm going to say my fav book, and yes this is all girly and probably a bit sad for a woman of my age but I have to say the Twilight Saga, just for pure escapism :P






3 comments:

  1. 6 Feet Under is one of the best shows I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Brianna. I love 6 Feet Under.

    I would love to see Pan's Labyrinth but was warned against it by my sister as I am slightly faint of heart. Perhaps I should give it a try?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been warned against Pans Labyrinth too, but by my husband. He really wants me to see it (he loves it), but he knows I'm ultra sensitive too. Maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete