Monday, 18 October 2010

Day 18

Day 18 - My wedding/future wedding/past wedding

I got married to the love of my life in February this year..seems like so long ago though lol! We planned a cheap wedding and soon realised that there is no such thing when you have a fairly large family. I was randomly looking at wedding ideas online and came across a company that did a wedding package for Area 51 which I though was hysterical! Then I realised that the International UFO Congress was on just around the corner, which OH has wanted to go to since he was about 15. Then I worked out that it would still actually be cheaper to have a wedding and holiday all in one that it was to get married over here. OH actually took a bit of talking around to the idea, as he was worried about how his family would react, and yeh, they were a bit miffed about it. But they would have been disappointed anyway as there was no way we could even begin to compete with the last family wedding, which was one of those "perfect" but utterly utterly boring weddings that cost more money that an decent deposit on a house.
We planned the whole thing in less than 6 weeks and my mum made me the most perfect dress ever! We had a crazy, fun, amazing time in America and had a proper adventure that we will never forget. The wedding itself was in the Nevada desert at sunset and was more perfect that I could have ever dreamed of :D


I adore this photo of OH running towards us, outside the Little Ale'Inn, looking like something out of a movie :D

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I knew your Mum made your dress, it is perfect!
    And yeah your dh looks like he should be in a movie in that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! you look gorgeous! and the dress is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful day. Your dress is beautiful, as are you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful, sweet picture of the two of you. Awwwwwww.

    ReplyDelete