Tuesday, 7 December 2010

Cherry On Top


YEY! I got one of those bloggy award thingies, I never win anything, so this is coool, thank you very much Sadkitty

The rules of this award are:

1. Link back to the person who gave it to you
2. Pass it on to five (or more) other blogs
3. Leave them a comment telling them about the award

Here are my nominations for super talented bloggers:-

-------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm currently busy with a project to scan all my childhood photographs, and any of the kids photo's that pre-date digital. I've always been paranoid that the house will burn down or flood or something weird will happen and I will loose all my memories. I've also always kept select pictures the kids have done all the cards they have made for me and I've scanned those too. I'm storing them all online in my google Picasa account so they will be safe come hell or high water...hopefully!

I am also busy being irritated by people not checking things out before forwarding them on or posting them all over Facebook. First we had a so called campaign to "help" the NSPCC by changing your facebook picture to a cartoon character...errr exactly HOW is that going to help anyone, it's a hoax. Then everyone freaking out as it's suddenly a pedophile campaign which of course is a hoax too. I've also been "helpfully" forwarded emails about various scams and even one about calling 112 instead of 999 in an emergency if you have no phone signal, which of course is not the case. It drives me mad that people don't check anything out before forwarding it on..I've never come across one of these stupid posts that is not a hoax. FFS... learn to use Google people!!!

3 comments:

  1. to be fair, some are genuine just years out of date..... i got sent this recently http://www.snopes.com/fraud/telephone/pds.asp - it was genuine FIVE YEARS AGO, it's just a waste of my time sending it out now!!!! drives me mad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, my dear. I feel honored to be in such great company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thanks so much for the award! The photography project sounds nice, even though it must be a ton of work. A great idea, though, to make sure all of that stuff is safe and sound. xx

    ReplyDelete